Would you participate in a Latin Only Chat Forum?

Would you participate in a Latin Only Chat Forum?

• Yes, I would defenitely participate.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be interested but still need to improve my Latin, before I am able to participate.

• No, I am not interested.

• Total voters

Sa Seba

Consularis

• Consularis

This would be a subforum here in the General Latin Chat in which the conversation is to be carried out in Latin.
We were going to introduce something like that in the near future, but thanks to senator_mundus, who brought up the topic, we might open it already in a few days.

We would like to see the public interest for that.

Please vote! :whip:

Iynx

Consularis

• Consularis

I suppose one might split the present Latin Chat Section into Latin Chat (Latin /Latine) and Latin Chat (English /Anglice). I would hope that neither would be completely rigid, but would permit a few words of the other tongue here and there?

Marius Magnus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I love this idea, and this is why I looked for a Latin forum in the first place. I really hope you implement it soon...I will definitely jump right in headfirst, but I will be limited to first and second declension nouns for a while. :p

The best way to learn a language is to use it, even if you don't know all of it yet. Better to say something simplistic or circumlocute than say nothing at all.

My personal opinion is that the Latin-only forum should attempt to be a "total immersion" sort of thing, with no English allowed, except possibly very rarely.

Iynx

Consularis

• Consularis

Rectus sis, Mari.

Placet mihi ut linguam Latinam in filis nostris magis magisque invenimus. Certe capax Latine utique semonis simplicis sumus.

Sed censeo ut paulum flexibiles simus. Specta exempli gratia filum introductionis StCinderi. Circum nomen parumper Latine saltabamus, sed postremo "Hong Kong" dici. I don't think that that sort of thing should be disallowed.

Incidentally: is it just me, or does Latin sometimes remind other people of Master Yoda? Sed censeo ut paulum flexibiles simus: "But I think that a little flexible we should be".

A

Anonymous

I would definitely participate in a latin only chatroom.

Emmanuel Melonakos

deudeditus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Vere Magister Ioda latine bene dixit, per linguam anglorum.

quamquam non bene intellego nostram pulchram linguam, in foro in quo latina sola uti debet scribam.

Errans

Ita Vero! Delecto in Latina sola dicere. Cur necesse estne in Latine dicere? Quod possum.

... that last part was a joke. But seriously, a good idea.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

Thank you to everyone who replied to this topic. Thanks to the seven brave people who committed to conversing (almost) only in Latin, here it is.