Alea iacta est, carpe diem

Juho

Is it possible to combine this two sentences? The die is cast, make the best of it

(the die has been cast, make the best of it(life))

Does it sound horrible?

Thanks for all your help !:)

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Is it possible to combine this two sentences? The die is cast, make the best of it

(the die has been cast, make the best of it(life))

Does it sound horrible?
Carpe diem doesn't mean "make the best of it", unless you understand the English to mean something different from what I understand by it.
To me the combination doesn't sound horrible, just questionable in its appropriateness and not very inventive.
Suetonius uses the word order iacta alea est.

Juho

Carpe diem doesn't mean "make the best of it", unless you understand the English to mean something different from what I understand by it.
To me the combination doesn't sound horrible, just questionable in its appropriateness and not very inventive.
Suetonius uses the word order iacta alea est.
Thanks for your answer! I need to find away to say and mean it like this. The die has been cast(bad luck(negative), nothing i can do it anymore) and take the best of the rest(positive). You know take every chance, live with full heart and enjoy every moment while you still can. Is there a better way to say that? I'm been using google for hours to track down an answer but thats the best i could find.