Mediaeval Articuli conclusi in Diaeta Segesvariensi 1540

Costa Alin

Hello, I would need some help in translating about 30 pages for a paperwork that I'm doing at college.

I know that I should learn latin instead of asking someone's and I have tried to for about 2 weeks but time is of the essence, since I need to complete a 45+ pages work in about 2 months, so I don't think I can do it this fast.

I have attached the first 2 and a half pages.
If anyone has the spare time to help a stranger out, I would deeply appreciate it.

Attachments

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hello,

I'm afraid nobody will want to translate 30 pages, nor even two and a half pages, for free. At any rate, I know I won't.

aegor

magister

• Civis Illustris

Out of curiosity, why would you select a project that requires translating about thirty pages of a language you do not know?

Costa Alin

Out of curiosity, why would you select a project that requires translating about thirty pages of a language you do not know?
I was kinda forced into it, unfortunately. The information written there is only available in latin, like most of the period that I'm interested in.

Cinefactus - How much would a paid translation cost me and how fast could someone get it done? Like a rough estimate..

aegor

magister

• Civis Illustris

A rough estimate would be between $.10-.15 per word if using wordcount or $30-40 per hour if using time.

If you are actually interested in pursuing Medieval history as a field of study, you will need to learn Latin.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

The Paid Translations forum is just somewhere you can ask for assistance. You would have to negotiate the price directly. Not sure what people would charge.

Costa Alin

A rough estimate would be between $.10-.15 per word if using wordcount or $30-40 per hour if using time.

If you are actually interested in pursuing Medieval history as a field of study, you will need to learn Latin.
Woaw, that seems excesive, but thank you for your replies. At my current level I can roughly understand 35% out of what's written there, but it's still not good enough if I don't know how to "tie up" the phrases.

I might as well quit on the entire paper since I'm not gonna learn enough latin to translate this in less than a month.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

$30-40 per hour for someone who has studied the language for 1 or more decades? Sounds like a bargain to me...

I don't think you will learn enough in a month to translate it yourself.

Whatever you do, don't try Google Translate. It will turn it into such a mockery that whoever is marking it will fail you once they have finished laughing.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Woaw, that seems excesive
For this sort of job I usually charge $0.15 per word. (Though, with long pieces like this that can't be copied and pasted into a word-counter, I estimate the number of words by calculating the average number of words per line in a page and the average number of lines per page in a couple of pages, rather than count the words one by one, of course!) So, yes, when you've got a long text, it can quickly add up to rather a big sum. But that's the price. I doubt you'll find any cheaper for this sort of job, unless you come across a really kind soul (then you'll have to hope they have the competences as well).