Ent in latin

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

Godmy dixit:
I thought of a neologism such as "arborāx, arborācis" that just sounds like a badass tree.
I rather like that, myself.
As for gigens, that has the added bonus of looking like a portmanteau of gigas and gens, 'huge folk', which I think Tolkien would have loved. We remember that, while he loved to pull old words like 'ent' up out of obscurity, he liked also to grind the old words into snappier modern ones, such as 'hobbit' from OE holbytla 'hole-builder'.

I was thrilled to see (what I think is) a Russian neologism Средиземье for 'Middle-earth'. What would the Czech be, do you suppose?

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Thank you guys so much, I think I will go with Entus and use gigas arboreaus as a descriptor. I want something that my students will recognize without me having to translate.
It's spelled arboreus.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Thanks for the comment, Hemo!
I rather like that, myself.
As for gigens, that has the added bonus of looking like a portmanteau of gigas and gens, 'huge folk', which I think Tolkien would have loved. We remember that, while he loved to pull old words like 'ent' up out of obscurity, he liked also to grind the old words into snappier modern ones, such as 'hobbit' from OE holbytla 'hole-builder'.

I was thrilled to see (what I think is) a Russian neologism Средиземье for 'Middle-earth'. What would the Czech be, do you suppose?
Středozemě / Středozem ;)