Imperial Salācia Ship

As I've mentioned before, Dracō is from the planet Salācia. However, I haven't mentioned that the planet's an imperial seat. With that said, their starships are prefixed by the Latin equivalent of Imperial Salācia Ship, or ISS. What are the translation of Imperial Salācia Ship and Latin equivalent of its abbreviation?

Please move this to the "English to Latin Translation" forum.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I guess Imperialis Navis Salāciae ("Imperial Ship of Salacia") = INS, is the most likely equivalent.

Or, if you prefer, Salāciae Navis Imperialis (same meaning) = SNI.

Serenus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

navis has a long a, and so does the -alis suffix... shouldn't it, then, be Imperiālis Nāvis Salāciae?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

True. I don't generally use macrons (I had just copied the OP's over from Salācia).

This is, at least, tangentially related to the topic because it relates to the Salācian Empire. What's the Latin translation for "Salācian Empire"?

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

imperium Salacianum

Not too sure about the adjective.

Okay. That one remains open.

While I like Imperiālis Nāvis Salāciae for the translation, it looks like I should shave asked for the translation of Imperial Salācian Ship. What's the translation of Imperial Salācian Ship? What about Imperial Salācian Starfleet?

I may end up changing the prefix to a translation of "Her Majesty's Ship"? Would Nāvis Augusta/Augustum, either of which would be abbreviated NA? Be a good translation? What are some other choices?

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Navis Regalis comes to mind. 'Royal/King's ship'

Well, there's also Navis Reginalis, 'queen's ship' but the word wasn't used by classical authors.

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I wonder if in Latin it wouldn't be more usual to use an adjective rather than saying "of Salacia".