Languages We Speak

Schatzl

be jealous every one... be very jealous...
I am very jealous. I'm just focusing on Latin at this point and can't even think about how cool it would be to be fluent in just that one language, let alone 16...

Ealdboc Aethelheall

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I just watched the video LCF posted. Pretty cool stuff. Marini's Dutch isn't bad either. I am particularly impressed by his use of the highly idiomatic phrase 'in de buurt van'.

dioutoro

Hello, I'm from Indonesia so I speak Indonesian as mother tongue. I do speak German and English too and a little Serbian :D

illyria

I'm Spanish but I'm living in Korea right now. I can speak Catalan, Spanish, English, Korean and a little bit of Japanese! By the way I'm really looking for free time to learn some Latin :)

Bestiola

Nequissima

• Civis Illustris

• Sacerdos Isidis

naucim srpski od Internetu :D
odakle ste?
naucim srpski od na Internetu

učiti - imperfective verb, naučiti perfective - the difference is in the aspect.

if you use the preposition "od" it should go with the genitive so "od Interneta" but the more common expression is "na Internetu".

Oprosti na ispravci, ali ja sam štono se veli "native speaker" :) Živim u susjednoj državi, Hrvatskoj i jezik nam je praktički isti, uz male razlike.

Arca Defectionis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I'm Spanish but I'm living in Korea right now. I can speak Catalan, Spanish, English, Korean and a little bit of Japanese! By the way I'm really looking for free time to learn some Latin :)
とてもうらやましいですよ!いつも韓国語が学びたかったけど、難しすぎるだろうとおもっていたんですよ!どのぐらい日本語を勉強しているんですか。
Si ya puede hablar español, aprender el latín será increíblemente fácil, porque la gran mayoría de las palabras españolas se derivan del latín. La gramática es un poco diferente, pero no es tan dificil como la coreana o la japonesa ;)
Sorry if my Spanish was terrible! I'm always looking for opportunities to compose in Spanish, since I usually only use it for reading.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Polish, probably, lol

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I've seen once on TV a guy who knew 11 languages, they said it was a record. I wonder if Aurifex (or some other people here actually...) beats it. Let's count what I know he knows at least to some degree:

- English
- Latin
- Ancient Greek
- French
- German
- Spanish
- Chinese
- Swedish

8. Are there any others?

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I remember IR listing his languages in a thread as well, but he was more into ancient languages. Vulpius, for instance, knows Latin, Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew, and is, as you very well know, diligently working on the really dead Sanskrit.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I remember IR listing his languages in a thread as well, but he was more into ancient languages.
Yes, I remember it as well, that was quite impressive (there were things I'd never heard of in my life), but he listed only the dead ones... he also knows a bunch of living ones I think.

What about you, btw? :) From what I know so far: English, Polish, French, Latin. Already a nice number. Others?

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

German, some Italian, and an exiguous amount of Attic Greek .... but the latter is, I guess, a mere vaunt! lol

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Wow .... how this thread has derailed lol

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

German, some Italian, and an exiguous amount of Attic Greek .... but the latter is, I guess, a mere vaunt! lol
:hat:

Someone quite impressive too is Arca Defectionis. I can't say to what extent he knows each of them, but besides English I know he's at least tried his hand to Latin, French (at a quite decent level), Chinese, Japanese, German, Ancient greek, Spanish, Dutch, Old English, Arabic... And I may forget some. That's eleven in fact, but as I said I don't know to what extent each of them.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I know, I've read that too. And he's only a mere teenager!!