Latin books written in Spanish?

Volatica Aquila

I am currently in charge of tutoring a student in an intro to latin class. He is having difficulty understanding and keeps trying to pull back to spanish, which is his first language. An idea I have to make things easier for him is to try to find a spanish latin book. I've tried searching for something of the sort, but google has failed me. Any ideas?

deudeditus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

You could have him read Lingua Latina: Per Se Illustrata by Hans Orberg. It's entirely in latin, as suggested by the name :) , so there's really no getting around the declensions and structures of Latin. I have a copy that i would send to you if it weren't torn in 3 peices and coverless. :disapprove: . But a new copy is about $20 or so. It works wonders (... then again, I read it, and look at my latin :lol: ), it's interesting, and you can order/find it from/at borders.

-Jon

Volatica Aquila

That is quite helpful. The grammar supplement book comes in spanish too I see. I've actually been looking for something like that for a while (and not just for the reason previously mentioned) . The idea of a Latin book being completely in latin is great. I am a freshman in college and already I see myself considering the use of this text when I become a teacher. Thanks. :lol: I may order that for myself

deudeditus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

no problem. let me know how your student fares.

cura ut perualeas

-Jon