Reinventing the Word "Reincarnation"

Hmmhmmm

Context: I'm writing a world in which some people (only people with, essentially, magical superpowers that most people believe have been purposefully and divinely bequeathed) reincarnate after they die. They come back with a power again, although it's usually different, and while they might have a totally different personality, and of course they'll have a different body, it is very important that it's the same soul.
The world hasn't actually been aware of this part (the reincarnation) up to now. One of my characters is a professor, and he has started to accumulate data, etc. and is a little past the hypothesis phase that it exists.

TL;DR: I need an academic word (hopefully noun) for the phenomenon of a soul moving from one life after death into another life. Shucking the body, keeping the spiritual essence.

I came here because of how deeply dumb I'm sure this is, but I was tinkering with, "pervitas perpessentialism" like "through-lives permanent soul...ism" Obviously, I need the help!! XD

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this or helps me out!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

pervitas perpessentialism
That's funny, but it doesn't really work.

To clarify: do you want a Latin translation of "reincarnation" or a new Latin-based English term for it?

Hmmhmmm

Yeah, no, I had no faith in what I did hahaha

I want a new Latin-based English term for reincarnation.

I added the context just in case it gave anything extra, but I would just like a word for reincarnation as if the whole concept was invented first time by an academic.

Clemens

Aedilis

• Aedilis

Alternate terms in English are transmigration, rebirth, or metempsychosis. Maybe use one of those as a starting point?

Hmmhmmm

I found those on different websites as well, but they didn't have the right feeling when I tried them out.