Mediaeval Sermon on angels and demons

Big Ups

Hello All,
I'd be delighted to receive any comments on my translation. I'm finding the following line below particularly difficulty: salva fidei integritate et rationis naturalis probabilitate.

Nec contradico haec aut similia per communem naturalium causarum
vim et efficaciam et cerebri et phantasmatum turbationem in
melancholicis et maniacis posse contingere; qua super re pleni sunt
medicorum libri; et super hoc magister Nicolaus Oresme plurima
disseruit. Sed quin daemonum malitia plerumque se immisceat aut
hoc operetur nullo pacto negari potest, salva fidei integritate et
rationis naturalis probabilitate. Immo hoc negare non aliter delirare
est quam si quis aegritudinem neget per venenum aut excessivum
calorem fieri quae per ciborum indigestionem potest evenire; possibilis
emin modus uterque est.

And I do not deny that these or similar events are able to seize melancholics and maniacs by the common force and potency of natural causes and the disturbance of both the brain and spirits. The books of physicians are full of this subject, and Master Nicole Oresme has explained very much about it. But that the wickedness of demons frequently mixes itself in, or labor in this manner can in no way be denied, save with the soundness of faith and the probability of natural reason. Indeed, to deny this is not otherwise than to speak nonsense, as if one should deny that sickness happens through [both] poison or excessive heat, which can happen through the indigestion of foods; for either way is possible.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

hoc operetur = "works this/does this/brings this about".

nullo pacto negari potest, salva fidei integritate et rationis naturalis probabilitate = "can in no way be denied, with the soundness of faith and the probability of natural reason being safe", i.e. you can in no way deny it without going contrary to the soundess of faith etc.
to deny this is not otherwise than to speak nonsense, as if one should deny
More exactly "to deny this is no less absurd (lit. is no less to speak nonsense) than to deny..."
as if one should deny that sickness happens through [both] poison or excessive heat, which can happen through the indigestion of foods; for either way is possible.
Adding "both" seems rather unnecessary.