Solyma

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

This is a beautiful song on Yerushalayim.
Although the lyrics that come if you look them up are transcribed incorrectly, you can hear for yourself the Latin, Hebrew, and Arabic.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Though the pronunciation seems a tad weird at times (are they singing ámoris?), I like it. I like the idea of putting Hebrew, Latin and Arabic together in a song on Jerusalem to represent the three religions for which the city is sacred. It's sadly ironic, though, to call it a locus amoris, when it's so often been a locus belli among the said three religions...

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Jerusalem has been under war the day it was born. I remember holding the Prayer Role from My grandmother. Abraham's God is supposed to give the Peace all three await. I just can't bring Myself to believe in Judaism anymore; yet I still pray. I pray that man never slays the city of Jerusalem. It has left an impact of history that cannot be undone or redone.
Selah.

That being said, My parents are Christians, but the statement stands.
I love Hebrew so much. It was the first language I really invested time in. I became really proud of My (supposed) Israelite ancestors. Although all of that became confusing when it comes down to genetics, because there are loads of other populations and stuff.

Anyways. I started this thread because of Roman interaction with Jerusalem and stuff.
I'll start a new thread on the Latin of the Crusade times.

I'll post here, though. (Unless a mod moves it.)

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Aelia Capitolina.
Fully COLONIA AELIA CAPITOLINA, this was a colony built on the site of Jerusalem under Emperor Hadrian.
The colony was made in 130. This year in the history of Israel and Rome is already famous; it leads to the revolts of Simon Bar Kokhba.