The Book Of Pleasures

Latinate

Hi,
I'm interested in what the Romans would entitle a risque book on the more voluptuous (?) pleasures in life hence the English equivalent "The Book Of Pleasures". I'm only interested in a prospective title. I have limited knowledge of Latin (in the process of learning) and still have trouble with the declensions. I did try Google Translate (yes I read your warnings after the fact) and came up with the (no doubt incorrect):
Libro Voluptatum

I appreciate any assistance you may provide me and thank you in advance.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Libro is in the wrong case, either dative, meaning "to the book", or ablative, meaning "by means of the book".

If you're just naming the book without giving it any specific syntactical function, it should be in the nominative, liber.

Voluptatum is correct for "of pleasures".

Latinate

Libro is in the wrong case, either dative, meaning "to the book", or ablative, meaning "by means of the book".

If you're just naming the book without giving it any specific syntactical function, it should be in the nominative, liber.

Voluptatum is correct for "of pleasures".
Thank you for your help. If I could just follow up with a further question: Would the translation be any different if done so in the Middle Ages or has Latin remained unchanged since the time of the Romans? I know there have been some pronunciation changes e.g. the hard c to ch etc.
Thanks again, much appreciated.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

There are a few differences in grammar, lexicon, and style between Classical and Medieval Latin. However the core of the language remained mostly unchanged. In the case of this phrase there wouldn't be any difference.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Well, in pronunciation there would be: "v" would usually be pronounced like the English "v" in the Middle Ages, rather than "w" as in the classical period. But there wouldn't be any difference in the grammar or lexicon here.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

What about:
ars libidinum
de libidinibus

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

or