Inspirational "What will be will be, everything happens for a reason"

LA725

I know there are a ton of previous posts regarding each component of this phrase. However after reading through many of them over the past few weeks I had difficulty finding a translation that I felt really fit. Also I wanted to make sure that if combined together the translation would not change (however based on all the prior threads I've read I'm thinking it will). When using the phrase I am trying to get the point across that whatever is going to happen regardless of my attempts to intervene, and that there is a greater reason for that than I could ever understand. Thanks ahead of time for everyone's input. This forum truly is amazing, as I love how you all really take into consideration the genuine internal meaning behind the phrase versus just "translating" it like Google :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

De causa seems a bit clumsy to me. You generally find this with some adjective (qua de causa, hac de causa, iusta de causa, etc.).

I'd say, maybe: quod futurum est futurum est, omnia aliquam ob causam fiunt.

LA725

Infacundus some of the other threads had suggested that omnia de causa fiunt aren't necessarily the best translation. I was finding it difficult to understand why though. pacis puella thanks. Is it possible for each of you to put the literal English translation so I can ensure that the wording of each matches the meaning I am looking for with the quote? Thanks so much!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Quod futurum est futurum est, omnia aliquam ob causam fiunt = pretty literally, "What is to be is to be, everything/all things happen(s) for a/some reason".

LA725

Thanks Pacis puella. I really like that and feel like it has the same meaning that I'm trying to get across!